Through the Interlink project, the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) will leverage the Interlink platform and its enablers (INTERLINKERs) to engage and build a community of stakeholders and, later, to manage and enable the co-design, co-production, and co-creation of a Participatory Strategic Planning Module (PSPM) mock-up. The mock-up will be the result of an iterative process of active consultation and discussion among key stakeholders.
In order to create this PSPM mock-up, during the first iteration, MEF has the goal of collecting expectations, requirements, and feedback from stakeholders to produce a blueprint of the PSPM. The next step would be the co-design of an actual mockup of the PSPM open to Public Bodies to allow their participation in the definition of the MEF’s Strategic Planning procedure.
The second iteration will then be about the further refinement of the PSPM mock-up, starting from the blueprint, and with potentially more Public Bodies. The co-design approach will help MEF design the mock-up of a Participatory Strategic Planning Module (PSPM) that will provide two main services:
- Support Public Bodies in collaboratively defining MEF’s Strategic Plan together with other interested stakeholders (in-house civil servants, IT operators, and Directorates) and give them the opportunity to:
- provide feedback and prioritize actions during the strategic planning phase
- propose actions on the basis of their needs and allow them to vote for what they believe to be the most relevant actions
- monitor the Strategic Plan advancements, once approved and consolidated
The main output of this service is a list of input/feedback and proposals shared by the external stakeholders which will be analyzed and consolidated as deemed relevant in the Strategic Plan.
- Access to an open repository of good practices populated by MEF and made available to other Public Bodies. This service will give MEF the possibility to share its knowledge and best practices (strategic plans, strategic planning methodologies/approaches, former experiences) to external stakeholder as well as learn from their previous experiences and insights.
The final goal of the entire use case is to test and use Interlink’s platform to create synergies with other Public Bodies and increase the Public Sector efficiency. In parallel, promoting the reduction of expenses when embracing IT solutions, by sharing knowledge and know-how while keeping in line with the recommendations of the Agency for Digital Italy and the European Commission.